I am Ilene Hacker, an official spokesperson for DSUHC on the matter of the possible renaming of the Dixie Center. As you know, DSUHC supports retaining the name “THE DIXIE CENTER” The Board that has power over naming issue has scheduled a special public meeting on this matter for tomorrow, Tuesday, September 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am. at the Dixie Center.
We invite DSUHC members to attend the meeting if convenient.
See the Utah Public Notice below:
Utah Public Notice
WCIA Board Meeting
Notice Date & Time: 9/1/20 9:00 AM
TO THE MEMBERS OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE WASHINGTON COUNTY/ST. GEORGE INTERLOCAL AGENCY, WASHINGTON COUNTY, UTAH:
Notice is hereby given the Washington County / St. George Interlocal Agency (W.C.I.A.) will hold a special board meeting in the Ballroom of the Dixie Center at St. George, 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George, Utah 84790 on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Consideration to clarify and amend the July 9, 2019 minutes, Item 6, Section 3.
2. Consideration to affirm the retaining of the Dixie Center name at the convention center.
3. Update on the physical facility.
4. Update on financial overview.
5. Consideration of legal counsel.
Notice of Special Accommodations:
1835 Convention Center Dr, St. George, 84790